Comment on page
Processing lists in Bestinvoicing provide you with an overview of items you still need to check or 'process'. They can be found at the top of the BestInvoicing window, behind the cogwheels. They contain a list of payments that could not be matched automatically, articles with a critical stock supply or incoming purchase documents you still need to process.
The processing list for payments can be consulted via the cogwheels icon at the top, but is also displayed immediately on the dashboard (below to the right). If you click the 'View All' there, you'll be redirected to the processing list for payments.
The processing list for payments is the first one you see in the collection of processing lists, next to the one for low stock (in case your stock management has been activated) and your incoming purchases.
The column 'Amount' displays numbers.
- negative number in red: BestInvoicing detected an outgoing payment based on the active connection to your bank account. This amount has been spent, but no purchase document has been linked to it.
- positive number in green: BestInvoicing detected an incoming payment based on the active connection to your bank account. This amount has been received, but no sales document has been linked to it.
- hourglass icon: you've uploaded a corresponded document (sales/purchase), but did not process it further yet.
You may choose to 'Ignore' payments (grey button) or 'Process' them (blue button):
- ignoring a payment can be used if the payment covers e.g. a transaction between two of your own bank accounts, VAT to be paid, or alike.
- other payments that are linked to a document (sales/purchase), may better be processed.
In order to connect a payment to a document, click 'Process'.
From hereon, you can link the payment to a certain document type or directly drag a purchase document in the pop up window.
If you would select 'Link to Invoice', the list with your outgoing invoices will be displayed. You may select the appropriate invoice (e.g. via search bar at the top) and link it to the payment via the blue button 'Process'.
The payment will now be connected to the right invoice and disappear from your processing list.
If you'd select 'Link to Purchase', the list containing your purchases will open. You may select the appropriate purchase document (e.g. via search bar at the top) and link it to the payment via the blue button 'Process'.
This is done in the same way as linking an invoice; the connected payment will disappear from your processing list.
The processing list lists all transactions that cannot be linked, based on the bank statements provided (manually or via e.g. Ponto). Therefore this list may include other types of transactions, such as an internal transfer from one company account to another, or bank charges. To remove these types of costs from the list, you can simply click the grey 'Ignore' button.
If you use the module 'Stock Management', you'll be able to set a critical stock level alert. A tab in the processing list displays immediately those products for which the stock alert level is attained.
As soon as you have replenished the stock of these products above their warning level (e.g. via purchase or manual stock change), these items will disappear from the processing list.
There are four ways to receive purchase documents in your processing list:
- by uploading files to the upload box to the left (via drag and drop)
- by taking a picture of the ticket from within BestInvoicing on your smartphone
- by forwarding the documents as attachment to an email to your BestInvoicing email address, displayed in the middle box
Files that are delivered to BestInvoicing in one of those ways, will be displayed in a list at the bottom of the window.