Comment on page
Units of Measure
By default you can only enter a numerical value in the field 'Quantity' of a product line in BestInvoicing. It is however also possible to add specific units of measurement such as "m²", "km", "m" to indicate more precisely what is being invoiced.
The option to display units of measure on your documents is something that first needs to be activated in BestInvoicing:
- 1.Navigate to the top right corner of the screen (email address) and select 'Apps and Integrations' in the menu.
- 2.Check the list of 'Apps and Integrations' Related to Products.
- 3.Click the green button 'Activate' on the line mentioning 'Units of Measure'.
As soon as this application is activated, it can be used immediately.
When creating a document, you can now enter a unit of measure under 'Quantity':
You can also enter these units of measurement at product level when creating a new product or editing an existing one:
For a cable type, it is indicated at product level that the unit of measure is 'm', and the number is '6'. On an invoice, this then looks as follows:
It is possible to add your own units of measure to the default list.
- At the top right corner, go to your email address and click 'Apps and Integrations'.
- In the list of 'Apps and Integrations Related to Products, go to 'Units of Measure'.
- Click the yellow button 'Configure'.
You will now see an (empty) list of units of measure that you have already added yourself.
Click the green 'Add Unit of Measure' button at the top right. You can enter a name and a symbol (e.g. abbreviation) for the unit of measure. Click 'Add' to save your entry. In this example we have added a unit 'Piece' with symbol 'p'. You can also edit this specific unit later.
The newly added unit of measure will now also appear in the drop-down list of units of measure when entering a product or creating a document.