Comment on page
By using a purchase order, you can place orders with your suppliers from within BestInvoicing. The order can subsequently be converted into an actual purchase document.
The document type 'Purchase Orders' is something that first needs to be activated in BestInvoicing:
- 1.Navigate to the top right corner of the screen (email address) and select 'Apps and Integrations' in the menu.
- 2.Check the list of 'Apps and Integrations Related to Documents'.
- 3.Click the green button 'Activate' on the line mentioning 'Purchase Orders'.
As soon as this document type is activated, it can be used immediately. A new line 'Purchase Orders' will appear in the general BestInvoicing menu to the left.
The structure and layout of a purchase order is analogous to that of an invoice.
In order to create a new purchase order, click the green button 'Add Purchase Order'.
At the top of the document you can enter information on your supplier.
- Type the search bar to select an existing supplier
- Add information on a new supplier, then select 'Save as new supplier'
- Modify information on an existing supplier (e.g. new address), then select 'Update supplier'
If you create a purchase order to a known supplier for known products (in BestInvoicing), you may use/display a purchase price. When entering a product to BestInvoicing, you can always add a purchase and a sales price. If you're repeatedly ordering such products, select your products on your purchase order line and the connected purchase price of the product will be mentioned on the purchase order.
If you know the purchase price of a (new) product, based on e.g. a catalog, you may enter the new product and copy the catalog price.
If the purchase price isn't exactly known yet, just enter the product and leave the field 'Price' blank.
You can also indicate that the purchased goods have been received. This can be done via the blue 'Actions' button:
When receiving the ordered items, you'll probably also receive an purchase invoice. At that moment, you can easily convert the purchase order to a purchase in BestInvoicing.
As soon as a purchase order is converted into a purchase, BestInvoicing will add the quantities of the ordered goods to the current stock levels. Using purchase orders is thus also a way to keep up with your stock management.