Comment on page
The document type 'Delivery Notes' is something that first needs to be activated in BestInvoicing:
- 1.Navigate to the top right corner of the screen (email address) and select 'Apps and Integrations' in the menu.
- 2.Check the list of 'Apps and Integrations Related to Documents'.
- 3.Click the green button 'Activate' on the line mentioning 'Delivery Notes'.
As soon as this document type has been activated, it can be used immediately. A new line 'Delivery Notes' will appear in the general BestInvoicing menu to the left.
The structure and layout of an order confirmation is analogous to that of an invoice.
Example of a delivery note:
By default, delivery notes also display the prices of products. If you do not want to make them visible to the customer, you can adjust this at the level of your template.
- Navigate to your email address at the top right and select 'Company Settings'.
- Select the tab 'Templates'. You now get an overview of the templates you are using.
- Click the yellow button 'Personalize Template' beneath the template you wish to modify.
Scroll down to the bottom of the editing window; above the 'Company Details' you can check or uncheck two boxes:
- Display prices on delivery notes: when unchecked, prices will NOT be shown on delivery notes.
- Show quantities: when unchecked, NO quantities will be shown on documents, including delivery notes.
Click 'Save' to save your choices.
If you have activated the 'Delivery Date' field, you will also be able to include this date on your invoices.
In the overview of delivery notes you can select multiple documents, and have them appear on one and the same invoice.
- If you select, for example, three delivery notes addressed to the same customer, all listed products and services will appear on one and the same invoice to this customer.
- If you select, for example, three delivery notes addressed to customer A and two notes addressed to customer B, all listed products and services appear on one invoice to customer A, and other listed products and services will appear on another invoice (addressed to customer B).
This is done via the blue 'Actions' button in the overview of delivery notes:
When activating the delivery notes document type, you're offered to configure the structure/layout of the document containing the combined delivery notes (see yellow button 'Configure').
Three choices are offered:
- Do not insert intertitles: all product lines from all combined delivery notes appear one below the other on the final document.
- Insert small subtitles: all product lines appear below each other per delivery note on the final document.
- Insert subtitles and subtotals: the final document shows an overview of product lines and the subtotal per delivery note.
In BestInvoicing, it is possible to have a delivery note signed by your customer. Don't forget your signature as representative of your company as well.
You may simply print out a delivery note on paper and have it signed, but the customer can also sign digitally and/or remotely.
In the chapter 'Sign Documents Online' you will find all information about:
- Setting your own signature as a company
- Digitally signing a document (proposal, delivery note, order confirmation, ...)
- An accompanying email with the possibility to display an online signature button