Comment on page
'Complex Products' allows you to create products that contain other individual products. This function may be used in combination with stock management, as the stock of the individual products in a complex product will be directly updated.
- A wine shop sells wine bottles per piece, but also in a package of six bottles. The complex product is a box containing six bottles. If this complex product is sold, the stock count will diminish with six items.
- A make up store sells make up per piece, but they organise a temporary action and sell a box containing two lip sticks, two blushes and two nail polishes. If this complex product is sold, the stock count of each of these individual products will diminish with two items.
To use complex products, you first need to activate it in BestInvoicing:
- 1.Navigate to the top right corner of the screen (email address) and select 'Apps and Integrations' in the menu.
- 2.Check the list of 'Apps and Integrations Related to Products'.
- 3.Click the green button 'Activate' on the line mentioning 'Complex Products'.
In order to create a complex product, create a new (standard)product.
- In the field 'Optional Description' you might indicate what this complex product entails, e.g. 'Contains 3 modems and 1 router'.
- As sales price you could attribute a discounted price, as a customer is buying multiple items at once.
Your complex product has now been created. In order to connect stock management, you still need to add your individual products to the complex products. Move to the window on the right side and click the yellow button 'Edit' next to 'Complex Product'.
In the next window you can indicate how many pieces of which product will be part of your complex product (e.g. 6 units of product A, or 2 units of product B and 3 units of product C).
The products that have been entered here, are linked to their own stock count. This means that the sale of a complex product will directly influence the stock count of the individual products.